Sunday, August 13, 2017

Some Updates...

Just popping in here for a few minutes to let you all know what's going on with the Companion Dragons Tales series. In spite of my rather sparse blog updates, work still goes on with this very beloved series of books for kids of all ages—even the ones that never grew up.




Today I finished working on the final story of the rough draft for next year's Waxy Dragon anthology. The book has three stories that were original concepts by co-writer Roger Stegman and I just took those ideas and flew with them. Roger has already seen the first two: Waxy In Atlantis and Waxy And The Bad Cookies, and approved them; and co-writer/editor Lee Houston Junior has been over them for me. Once I get Waxy And The Closet Monster in at least a semi-polished state I will pass it on to the guys and get their feedback on that as well. Then we can put the book together. For an anthology title I am leaning toward Mystical Magical Waxy. You're going to love reading about what misadventures everyone's favorite little rainbow striped dragon gets herself in and out of in this collection.

UPDATE: The Waxy anthology is finished and has been sent off to the publisher.




I have not heard yet anything about this year's proposed CDT anthology, Lazlo At Home being near to release, but I have had one other Pro Se Press anthology come out recently (see my other blog, WRITING FROM HOME for details on that) so I am hopeful still that we might see it before the end of the year. That CDT anthology contains four brand new stories of what happens when a witch who lives in a magical old house brings home a small blue dragon companion who just doesn't quite understand what he is supposed to do. Lazlo certainly gets into his share of mischief, but he has a talent for getting out of it too.

UPDATE: The Lazlo anthology has been moved up to early next year.




And remember, the first three Companion Dragons Tales books are still available, so if you haven't read any of them, please do because they are so much fun! These are books that the entire family can enjoy, easy enough for all but the youngest children to understand (and still plenty of fun anyway) and yet sophisticated enough to keep any adult entertained. You can find them on Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble.com in paperback and E-reader, and Smashwords in many electronic formats.




School is about to begin in most places, and your children, nieces & nephews, or grandchildren will be encouraged to read more, which is becoming a lost practice in this age of gaming on every electronic device or site. Why not give the kids in your life something they can enjoy and maybe even learn something from? Nothing fosters imagination quite like a good book—especially if you can use that electronic savvy to enjoy it. These little dragons will take them to places they never dreamed of, and at the same time they'll get to watch them learn about how to live in their world the same way human children do. I guarantee you won't regret it.

~NANCY
PS: I am now on Twitter, so if you'd like to follow me I'm @Nancy_H_Author
On Facebook I am simply Nancy Hansen but you should recognize the background as covers of some of my books. On Google+ I am also Nancy Hansen. Come on, lets be friendly! 


No comments: