Sunday, August 31, 2014

FINDNG WAXY IS ALMOST HERE!

Yes I know, I've been saying that for a while, but as I've mentioned before, we poor writers are at the mercy of the publishing world, which has its own schedules and deadlines to meet. It's not all about us after all; we work as a team with our publishers to get books out, and like a busy airport, you sometimes have to sit on the runway, awaiting your turn.




I just wanted to let you know that as concept and production editor for the COMPANION DRAGONS TALES series (yeah, that's a fancy title for the person with most access to the the whips and chains)  I have just finished my final pass on a galley draft version of FINDING WAXY, and sent that back in with just a few minor corrections requested. I did send a copy of the galley to Roger, and he sent me his thoughts, which were all very positive. We're eagerly awaiting the announcement of the book hitting print; which could be any day now, I am told. Very excited about this one, since it will be Roger's debut in print. Waxy has been with us a long time—so long in fact that I keep expecting her to peek around the corner with her mouth full of my carefully hoarded dark chocolate. You're going to love this book!



I also can tell you that next year's CDT release, COPPER'S CHOICE is now in editing. I spent some time earlier this year lengthening and broadening the original short story into a full novella size. Progress is being made in editing, I'd say at least 1/3 completed at this point. Copper and Nigel were the second CDT team that I created, this time with publication firmly in mind. I'd say it gets easier as you go, but that's not strictly true, because there's a lot of series continuity issues that have to be hashed out, and we tend to have crossover characters and shared spaces within the magical backdrop. I love working on these fun little stories though, so I really don't mind too much. An incredible amount of work goes into getting a book out for just one author, but when you have two other potential co-writers, it gets interesting (read that as occasionally hair-pulling maddening).




So, now that I've whetted your appetite once more for all things draconic, I hope you will keep an eye and ear out for the FINDING WAXY release date. You'll see it here, as well as on my wall on FACEBOOK and G+. Oh and you still have over 24 hours to get COMPANION DRAGONS TALES #1: A Familiar Name on Kindle (from Amazon you know) for the whopping price of 99¢! That's a bargain! Go get one if you don't have it yet, what have you got to lose? Even the coffee shop's smallest size Java Jolt doesn't sell that low or stick with you as long, and this is a little book you can read aloud to the kids or grandkids, and everyone can have a laugh or find a thrill together. The special offer goes away at midnight tomorrow, so don't delay. 

Operators are standing by...



I always wanted to say that. 

Seriously, do take advantage of the offer if you can, and yeah, I know it's short notice. My day job as grandmother, chief cook & bottle washer, and purveyor of garden produce into preserved food keeps me plenty busy. Buy more books, and I can write full time and afford to hire people to do things for me. Just saying...

~NANCY

No comments: